Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Photographs

Page Chamberlain, "Nightmare," 2010
Nostalgic idea of sadness: Burroughs, Bukowski, Orwell, and Sendak. All being lit by a 70's rotary changing light that was my fathers as a child.

Page Chamberlain, "My Dogs," 2010
Depict a movie through still images--All of the people in Reservoir Dogs are referred to by colors while they are performing a jewelry heist. Mr. Orange, Mr. White, Mr. Pink, Mr. Brown, Mr. Blue, and Mr. Blonde, are represented by crayons.

Page Chamberlain, "Falling Ink," 2010
Picture of ink being immersed in water. I am entranced with what happens to ink or paint when it mixes with water. The black ink came from three drops into a glass of water.

Page Chamberlain, "Bath-Time," 2010
Self-Portrait set. I am not too fond of taking pictures of myself, or other people for that matter, so I took pictures of my hair, or other items that represented me. This is one of my hair floating in the water in the bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment